O Slaves of Allah, take heed of what your Lord says in the Qur’aan:
“Everyone is going to taste death, and We shall make a trial of you with evil and good, and to US you will be returned.” (21:35)
Indeed, Allah’s promise will be fulfilled — The Death is something so inevitable, yet so very often forgotten. Each day that passes, each day we breathe, each day we go about our lives, sinning or doing good, is but a day closer to our end, closer to our return to our Creator – Allah the All-Mighty. Many of us have at some point in our lives, lost a close relative or a close friend. Yes, we shed tears, we show remorse and we show sadness – but I ask you! What did you learn? Did you reflect upon you own death?
Allah (SH) says in the Qur’aan: “Then why do you not [intervene] when [the soul of a dying person] reaches the throat? And you at the moment are looking on. But We [i.e. Our Angels that take the soul] are nearer to him than you, but you see not.” (56:83-85)
Perhaps you think that death is yet at a far distance from you and you will not taste it until at a later or old age, or perhaps when you think it will not come until you are better prepared for it…. and indeed this way of thinking arises only from falsehood! It was once said “The night and the day are like two treasure-chests. So be careful of what you do in them.” When a day has passed, it is folded up and sealed, never to be re-opened by anyone until Allah re-opens it on the Day of Judgment!
We were told and remaindered many a times about the death in the light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah. “It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply.” (39:42)
Allah (SH) has already decreed the time of your death. Whether, you are going about your daily business or you are asleep – your time has been prescribed and written already and your soul will be taken out accordingly to your deeds.
Today a truly remarkable human being passed away. A genius. A visionary. RIP Steve Jobs……..What did we learn from this! To describe his contributions , they said “The world is immeasurably better because of Steve”.
May be we can learn something from 10 quotes of Steve Jobs that describe Jobs’ way to be successful:
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
- “You know, we don’t grow most of the food we eat. We wear clothes other people make. We speak a language that other people developed. We use a mathematics that other people evolved… I mean, we’re constantly taking things. It’s a wonderful, ecstatic feeling to create something that puts it back in the pool of human experience and knowledge.”
- “There’s a phrase in Buddhism, ‘Beginner’s mind.’ It’s wonderful to have a beginner’s mind.”
- “We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on.”
- “I’m the only person I know that’s lost a quarter of a billion dollars in one year…. It’s very character-building.”
- “I would trade all of my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.”
- “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Dear brothers and sisters: Indeed our time of leaving the “Dunya” earth is but closer than we think.
But are we prepared for it?
Have we truly been dutiful to Allah’s commands in this life?
Have our hearts become so hard that we shed no tears out of fear of meeting with out Lord?
What will you do when you meet your Lord and you are in wrong? What will you say?
What did you do change the world for better place?
Have you inspired your own-self, brothers and sisters?
Indeed those who did wrong in this life, or do nothing, will surely wish they could come back to this life and to have another chance to do good, and by this time, it will be too late!.